Admin
Admin

Re: Ist das der Anfang... ?

Beitragvon Jzero » 21.11.2013, 16:08

* Cat Stevens/* Yusuf Islam
KünstlerIn · 112 „Gefällt mir“-Angaben
Optionen für diese Meldung
The interview :

Knew that Mr. . I was in Los Angeles recording a new album , right?

Yes , I was experimenting a bit. The disc is delayed because the last two years , I worked in my musical, Moonshadow . Now I have some new songs , I'm chiseled . It's an album more bluesy , more blues in one direction . I plan to launch in the winter of 2014. I do not know the title yet , he usually comes out of a song that I choose . I have some guests , but basically are the musicians I work with and there is a friend of mine, a folk and blues guitarist , Richard Thompson , who joined the Fairport Convention .

Saw mr. in an interview for the TV telling how he lived in Rio de Janeiro in the 1970s and it was the city that Mr. . approached spirituality. In general , the Rio has the image of being the opposite of spirituality .

( Laughs ) Yes, Rio is reputed to be a place for the stage , for display . But I was a stranger in town , which allowed me more freedom , and was spiritually disconnected with anything , uncompromising , which made it easier for my search. He lived in a flat very close to Corcovado , which also was a vision . I had won and was reading the Koran in Rio , and it affected me deeply. Perhaps because of being so spiritual availability . It happened . It was also very common name Jose in Rio , and that was the chapter of the Qur'an that had most affected me . So when I became Muslim , chose the name Joseph or Yusuf .

I had heard that it was a near drowning in Malibu that did become Muslim.

What happened before the Rio Many events contributed to me to change my earlier conditioning . Once , I was in Los Angeles and went swimming and was drowning . Could not come back, was dying . I called the Higher Power . " Please save me " . And I was saved . Soon after , I got a Koran from my brother . It was kind of a spiritual tourist , like me. I came to Brazil . And you already have the rest of the story .

His famous song, ' Father & Son ' , was originally written about the Russian Revolution . Many observers believe that we live in a new period of revolutions , with all the events around the world , the Occupy movement , the riots in Paris . The sr . think we live in a new revolutionary moment ?

When the Arab Spring began , in 2011 , I was very touched , was a big inspiration for me . It was because of these movements that I wrote the song My People . In that letter, I say all that I think about it all. It's a song dedicated to all these movements . Father & Son is based in the Russian revolution . The difference today is that back then was all clearer, black on white , an opposition between the capitalist and communist thinking thought . Today , there is a big blur between reality and virtual reality . It is an unfortunate situation in which people think that change will come via virtual . I believe that change will only come when people change themselves. Do not think you can change the world solely through social . We are a party spirit , and they can not control that aspect of existence. Something in the human spirit has been lost . Either we change or there will be no real solution . For the simple fact that there is a great injustice spreading. They talk a lot of freedom on the internet , but the internet is being used to control people . It's so hypocritical talk on Internet freedom as if it were a well- hallowed , sacred , but at the same time oppress those who criticize them and say, " Shut up , because otherwise we will put you in jail " .

When Mr. . became a Muslim , was said to have a life away from corruption , competition and pain . The sr . think you have succeeded in these goals ?

No. I do not see anyone so successful in the world to the point of perfection . I think that perfection belongs to God alone . But I try to believe , instead of not trying , is an act of corruption . You must continue every morning is a battle that must be fought continuously. This is competition , you can not stop competing with himself . And sometimes you fail, you can not always win . There is a story about when the Prophet had a horse that used to always win the races . When finally lost , he asked : " Why? " . He concluded that the time had come for the horse to lose , and that there was nothing wrong with it . It is part of human existence . We have to keep trying .

With musical Moonshadow , you ventured into another artistic direction . What kind of models had this new adventure?

You know, I was born in the West End in London . Cinema , theater , nightlife : all happened there . People came from all over the world to experience these attractions . I lived there and always been confronted with all angles of music, film , musicals , theater, entertainment . One of my earliest ambitions , to be honest , it was not to be a pop singer , but a composer of musicals . I think West Side Story was the most influential . When I started writing , my songs were short stories that connected by music . It was my style as a composer . And so it happened that I started to write and build a career . A few years ago , someone commented , and I think it was Chris Blackwell of Island Records , that my songs had a unit , they were stories about my journey . And it turned out Moonshadow . Sure, there are other stories , other references that complement my utopia , as Siddhartha and Paulo Coelho .

When Mr. . emerged , was compared to Bob Dylan . You two are still touring and making records . What type of connection do you think had with Dylan ?

I think it was a strong inspiration . Once I wanted to vote for Dylan for president, because of the absolute perfection of his dreams of hope . And often saw Dylan sunk in that kind of expectation . That's the difference : I tried to do just what I could do , I tried to just live .

The sr . returned to Los Angeles to record an album . It is a city symbolic importance for Mr. . , After almost died there.

The most important thing about Los Angeles is to leave it . Leaving Los Angeles ( laughs ) . Still out there most of my life . I had a vision : I was living in Los Angeles at the exact moment that an earthquake happened there ( laughs ) . It's a virtual life . Already São Paulo reminded me a little New York in the 1960s .

Jotabê Medeiros - O Estado de S. Paulo
Bild
Jzero
Admin
Admin

Zurück zu Neues Album ?